The true secret to weight-loss success

No one's harder on your appearance than you are. Unfortunately, all those insults you hurl at your reflection can actually make you fat. Fact is, you and your body are in a relationship: When you're nice to it-nourishing it with healthy foods, energizing it with exercise-your body feels appreciated, works well, and helps you reach your health and weight loss goals. But when you mistreat your body, punishing it by calling it "fat", covering up sadness with junk food pig-outs--you give it no reason to perform the way you want it to, which only reinforces your negative thoughts and nasty treatments. Here are issues that we commonly encounter while battling for our heavy weight.

1. comparing myself with other women who have long, lean figures and somehow think that i can actually look like them once i lose weight.

healthier view: one should conjure a goal self-image that portrays our "best me"a picture of ourself at a healthy weight that we can achieve.

2. When i look in the mirror, my eyes always go straight to my stomach and double-D chest, the two areas that we are most insecure about.

healthier view: when our gaze falls on our midsection and chest, we should intercept insults by saying something positive and true aloud, such as, "This is the stomach that stretched to support my babies while they grew healthy and strong inside me."

3. My friends are all gorgeous and in great shape. I'm always left feeling like the biggest person in the crowd. It makes me feel like I'm under a microscope.

healthier view: When negative thinking creeps in, we should focus on the positive we get from these relationships.

Comments

Popular Posts